Long Term Update: 2 years

2010

It has been about two years since I followed Alan B. Densky's insomnia program.  You can read about my battle with insomnia here.

If you're coming here for the first time, or maybe if you're one of the thousands (thanks for reading!) of people who have already visited this site since that time, I thought a followup might be in order, just to see how things have been going.

I think it's important to remember just what insomnia was for me. It was a period - in my case, nearly two months - of interrupted sleep. Every single night, like clockwork. Waking up in the middle of the night for no reason at all, with no ability to return to sleep. And as I wrote, helpless to do anything about it, I suffered, experimenting with medications to no avail, until I came across Alan's CDs.

Bottom line - that kind of chronic insomnia simply has never happened since. Not once.

I mean, have I had nights where I had a tough time sleeping? Of course I have. I'm a human being. I'm a competitive athlete with workplace stresses, family stresses, and the general stresses of life. These things don't just bounce off of you. But my response to them is much better than it ever was before. Less hyper-reaction. More seeing things for what they are, and - right from the words of Alan himself - seeing things in their proper perspective.

On those nights that I do have a tough time falling asleep, or I find myself half-awake from a midnight trip to the john or a bad dream, I employ the techniques from Alan's sessions to get back to sleep. They work. I would be lost without them.

I rarely, if ever, even think about that time in my life when I went through insomnia. It seems like a really long time ago, and it almost seems impossible that I even had it.

If you're looking for an endorsement, I think that's it right there. If a product - in this case, a series of recordings - can put something so awful so far behind you, I think it's fair to say it works.